Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Axel

It's been a long time since I wrote this post to my main man Axel. A lot has happened since then; he has turned four and become a big brother to Bodhi. He has gotten smarter and sharper and his wit astounds me daily. So here are a few things to get down in writing for him.

  • You are already very much a pain in Bodhi's butt. You pick on him even though he's 6 months old and defenseless! I expected nothing less, but every now and then I'll catch a peak of you doing something incredibly loving towards him when you think no one's watching and my heart explodes.
  • Recently you've started having nightmares, as the child health nurse warned many 4 year olds do. As a result I've had to make your dad stop letting you watch inappropriate movies. Turns out that's something the two of you do whenever I'm not around. Goodfellas and Scarface are just not age appropriate okay!? The other day he showed you a youtube clip of an elevator prank where they filmed people being frightened by a ghostly girl and a corpse falling out of a coffin. You haven't gotten over it yet, I hope you do soon.
  • On the upside you are becoming quite the movies and music buff. I'm constantly trying to impart a little bit of decent media onto you in the hopes you'll have more of my tastes and less of your daggy father's. You can still belt out an impressive rendition of Bow River, thanks to dad. 
  • It is impossible to get you to clean your room, but I have put my hopes in a new roster system. Do a chore or good deed and you get a star. 10 stars equal a new car. We'll see...
  • You are a beautiful big boy, and despite giving me hell 95% of the time, you are sweeter than honey. I love you to bits.
  • I still have to wipe your bum. It's for the best really.



No comments:

Post a Comment